Wednesday, September 9, 2009

An Update from my patch



Sunrise from our house, I'm truly blessed that
this is the sight that greets me some mornings.

What a delight that the Spoonbill are back and setting up home in my garden, it is a privilege to have eight pairs of very noisy and busy Spoonbill building nests in one's garden.

Whilst out and about collecting bird species data for Doug, I took some photos, here are some of them:
A very confiding Black-crowned Tchagra



A cute little Dusky Flycatcher






Love is: Common Waxbill Allopreening??





Then of course there is always that photo, that could do with the sun on the other side of the bird, or if only one could just remove that branch before the photo is
taken, here is one of those photos,
but hey I also enjoy some silhouette photos.



1 comment:

  1. This farm of yours looks like a really special spot. Really looking foreward to that wkend visit.

    ReplyDelete

Trip to Aliwal North

Trip to Aliwal North
Stunning sandstone formations between Elliot and Barkley East

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North
Wow the rock formations on Kramberg are amazing