Friday, August 21, 2009

African Rail caught napping in the early morning sunshine

This morning at 7am I was out birding in my home pentad (3010_3005) atlasing for an hour before my office duties!!! It was very chilly, three degree to be exact!! I found this African Rail soaking up the wonderful, but very weak sunshine.


I often see African Rail, dashing around in the thick reeds but this one must have decided that his toes needed some warmth. The Rail just sat there until I reversed my 'blue mobile bird hide' to try and get a better angle for some more photos.


The ground was white with frost, a few other little black critters in the form of Black Crake came into this little patch of sunshine to preen and get ready for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Aliwal North

Trip to Aliwal North
Stunning sandstone formations between Elliot and Barkley East

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North
Wow the rock formations on Kramberg are amazing