Friday, August 7, 2009

The Meeshie Moe Bird



I have discovered another new bird on my block.......... this morning I was out with my grandchildren, discovering the world of birds, (Emma and Nathan are three year old twins, Ashley is their 15 month old little sister, and their mom Carike),we set out to search for Sunbirds in a lovely patch of Halleria Lucida.
With our picnic baskets packed we set off on this huge adventure, on the way to the patch of Halleria Lucida I saw some birds foraging in some grass, so I stopped and said, "I just need to check what birds those are" then Emma says in a very seriously voice, but gran those are Meeshie Moe birds!!! (New Order, New Family, New Genus, New Species????) Your guess is as good as mine.
Well.................talk about a new bird on my block, I now have a Meeshie Moe bird.

Oh to have the imagination of a three year old!!!!!

The Meeshie Moe bird really is.......a Cape Longclaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Aliwal North

Trip to Aliwal North
Stunning sandstone formations between Elliot and Barkley East

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North
Wow the rock formations on Kramberg are amazing