Monday, August 10, 2009

Spring is here at Springbrook Farm



Today was an amazing spring day, the first very exciting bird that I saw in my garden was a Scaly Throated Honeyguide. I have some honeycomb tied to a tree just outside my office window, I have been observing a juv. Greater Honeyguide(see photo) that comes down regularly to feed on the honeycomb, but today we had a new bird on the block. This is the first time that I have seen the Scaly Throated Honeyguide in my garden, a few weeks ago I heard it calling.


During a lovely long walk around the dams and pastures this afternoon I heard the first Little Rush Warbler calling from the reed beds, I also heard amongst others African Rail and Red Chested Flufftail. I saw a stunning Paradise Flycatcher male with very long tail feathers.

I look forward to the arrival of 'my' Wahlberg's Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Aliwal North

Trip to Aliwal North
Stunning sandstone formations between Elliot and Barkley East

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North
Wow the rock formations on Kramberg are amazing