Monday, November 19, 2012

Zambia Brachystegia bush and Dambo

Whilst staying with Paul and Rea, I spent many hours walking through the bush on their farm, the bush brought back peaceful memories to me, I realised that my love for bush must have come from those early years, when I live in such a pristine area.  Here are some photos that I took on their farm.

Brachystegia bush have the most stunning colours during spring


A very patient mutt, Diesel, sat and waited for me each time I stopped to take photos, or when tried to work our what bird was calling in the bush.  I was completely out of my territory, so took ages to find and work out what bird was calling. He was delighted when we reached the dam and he was able to chase dragonflies and swim.




Dambo is what we would call a vlei. 

Rea's Garden, imagine having Spotted Creeper, Ross's Turaco
and Black-Backed Barbet as garden birds

Garden view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Aliwal North

Trip to Aliwal North
Stunning sandstone formations between Elliot and Barkley East

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North
Wow the rock formations on Kramberg are amazing