Monday, November 19, 2012

Zambia: Dobson Mutts, my companions for three days



I have often wondered where my love for the ‘bush’ came from, going back to my childhood I realised that this love developed at a young age in the Mkushi area. Whilst staying with Paul and Rea I spent three days wondering through pristine brachystegia woodlands also known as Miombo Forests, my companions, three lovely Boxer mutts.  This was a very special time for me, I’m very grateful to Sharon, Paul and Rea for helping make my dreams come true.  The greatest thing that one could find during a walk with these mutts was water and dragonflies!! Diesel is seen here chasing dragonflies.

Honey, Diesel's Mom joins in the dragonfly fun
Just leave me alone, you big Mutts, I need to sleep
and pretend that I don't enjoy your company!!
I'll sit here in the shade whilst you crazy birder walks
about in the hot sun trying to work out which bird is calling.

Honey, hanging tongue after hot walk in the bush



 Mum, Dad and Son run around like crazy
critters, a stick keeping them focused on
being at one with the task of moving forward.



Ok you guys, lets just stop and look at the camera!! Lovely Mutts, lovely photos, special times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip to Aliwal North

Trip to Aliwal North
Stunning sandstone formations between Elliot and Barkley East

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North

Kramberg Mountain Aliwal North
Wow the rock formations on Kramberg are amazing